[Sca-cooks] Grilling in Pompeii

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Aug 23 09:47:11 PDT 2005

The new edition of Apicius should have information on this.
Sally has been perfecting the recipes by cooking in the Roman fashion.
Susan and I saw her demo at the Leeds Symposium in 2005.
Tom Jaine on the Prospect Books site notes that
"I am advised that the manuscript of a new commented edition of
Apicius by Sally Grainger (the cook-commentator) and Chris Grocock
(the Latin scholar) is extremely imminent. "

So the book ought to be out in 2006.

Johnnae