[Sca-cooks] new kitchen appliance OT OP

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Aug 23 23:28:08 PDT 2005

The main difference I see between these two gadgets though is that
there are some perfectly good techniques for mashing potatoes (or
whatever) and they aren't that much more difficult than using this
gadget.

However, how would you squish the hardboiled eggs into a cube shape
without this gadget?

This still leaves the question of *why* you would want cube shaped
hardboiled eggs, though. I guess they could be cute on appetizer
plates and such. However, especially since I think this egg gadget is
a fad, my tendency would be to wait until the fad had passed it's
zenith and then go find one of the gadgets at a garage sale or thrift
store.

Stefan

> I used to think my egg-cuber (the thing that squishes hardboiled eggs
> into cube shapes) was the silliest kitchen gadget ever.
>
> I can understand a rice cooker. But mashed potatoes? *shakes head*
>
> Margaret FitzWilliam
>
> > --- Johnna Holloway <johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu> wrote:
> >
> >> I came across what may be the silliest kitchen appliance yesterday
> >> in a new catalog for fall 2005. I'd thought I'd let everyone
> >> view it.  It's an automatic Mash Potato Maker $59.99

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com