[Sca-cooks] Fun with cubebs ...

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Wed Aug 24 07:39:05 PDT 2005

I put sugar (or substitute) on my hot cereals, as well, but the ground
cubebs provide a nice bit of spice.  Similar idea to adding a pinch of
cinnamon, really.
"Cream of the West" is a Montana-local variant of Cream of Wheat, except
it's whole grain, so you all of the wheaty goodness.  I *think* it's
made from hard wheat.  Same company also makes a very tasty 7-grain hot
cereal, with a texture more like chewy oatmeal (the grains are rolled).
  Mundane reference, and not SCA at all.  Both are common breakfast food
in my place in the colder months.....
Around here, Stefan, we tend more towards sagebrush (hence, "Artemisia,"
after "Artemisia tridentata"), and leave the cactus to Atenveldt, and, I
suppose, the sand to kingdoms like Caid?  My barony, though, has lotses
and lotses of rocks (the joys of living in what was, at one point, a
glacial lake bed), so if anyone wants any.....
--Maire (Montana/Artemisia)