[Sca-cooks] Subtleties pictures from Pennsic

Robert Downie rdownie at mts.net
Wed Aug 24 09:58:08 PDT 2005

Huette von Ahrens wrote:

>That is some set up!  How many trucks did it take to bring all that stuff?  How many hours did
>it take to set it all up and tear it all down?  But then again, if I had to spend two weeks
>camping, that would be the way I would want to go ...
>
>Huette, who really loved your fountain!

I spent a while talking with some of the people involved on Thursday
afternoon. It truly is a lobour of love for them, and I'm amazed at the
level of effort and pride of workmanship that goes into this set up!
Apparently it takes them about 3 days to set it up.  The main structure
is made up primarily of carports, with plywood facades attatched where
needed.  Many of the decorative items are also the personal property of
household members, and they bring them out to loan to the cause every year.

One of them bought a bus and removed all the seats.  The bus serves as
both a storage area when the Villa is not in use, and as a means of
transporting the stuff to and from Pensic.  The majority of the
household members reside in Aethelmark, which makes for a fairly short
trip, at least.

Faerisa