[Sca-cooks] Tiki Torch Recall

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 24 19:49:57 PDT 2005

I wrote:
>Here in the West, Tiki Torches (generic) are utterly totally
>thoroughly irrevocably forbidden at our events - since most are
>camping - and there's no reason to have then at the one-day events.

And Morgana added:
>We don't use them much in Oertha (Alaska) either (G). Unless we're
>down on the Kenai Peninsula or the Panhandle, it doesn't get dark
>enough during the short summer camping season to use them, and it's
>way too cold in the winter to do outdoor courts etc. I've done
>needlework in mid-July at midnight with ambient light in Winter's
>Gate (Fairbanks), which is a delightful feeling.

Apologies. I didn't mean to slight Oertha. In case folks don't know,
Oertha is one of the three remaining principalities of the West
Kingdom - so many former principalities are now kingdoms.

I should have said:
in the Central West

Again, my apologies to Morgana and any other Oerthans on this list.
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita