[Sca-cooks] Tiki Torch Recall

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Wed Aug 24 21:20:20 PDT 2005

There's an annual torchlight great sword tourney at Uprising every June.
  Uprising, for you non-Artemisians, is the largest annual event in the
kingdom.  The tourney always seems to run (at least in my memory) as a
fundraiser--individual fighters are auctioned off, and the winner gets a
prize.  Enormous fun to watch, especially when you've got a couple of
really talented people in the eric.
We have fire restrictions to deal with as well, but the degree of
stricture varies from year to year, and generally is most stringent
later in the summer (mid-July onwards through early fall).
--maire, who could actually *see* the hills surrounding town tonight!
and breathe without inhaling wood smoke! Ah, the joy! ;-D (I'm only
partly kidding...it's been pretty smoky here this summer, although not
as bad as 2000 or 2003.)