[Sca-cooks] OT - Katrina aftermath

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Wed Aug 31 12:38:12 PDT 2005

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> I'm running through more emails now, the only thing I know for sure is
that
> all of the buildings at the Gulf Wars site have evidently been blown away.
> Christianna

Just got an update off the Equestrian List.

Lannon  and Elesar traveled to Kings Arrow Ranch Monday evening to
check on how the  folks thereand the Green Dragon fared through the
storm. It took close to  15 hours to get there from Baton Rouge as
they assisted in clearing I-59.  The motel at KAR took significant
damage to the roof and many buildings at  KAR took extensive damage.
The Dragon herself is fine. Trimaris' gate is  still standing, but
the fence is down. House Animal has a tree down across  the fence,
but both buildings and the gatehouse are okay. Lannon  doesn't
remember seeing any damage to Small Grey Bear's site, but  didn't
travel down toward the NOVA site. The fort took some  damage.
Literally hundreds of trees have fallen. One of the bathhouses  is
destroyed. The cabins are either off their foundations or  trees
across. The poolhouse is a complete loss. One of the hourse barns  is
also a complete loss. The main hall has part of its roof ripped  off.

We plan to be back up there this weekend so if you have a  chainsaw
meet us. Warning there is NO food, water, or electricity so  bring
your own. Also no gasoline.

Larry Stanford and John are  running short of supplies actually the
entire community so bring any  donations. Also NO Cell or phone
communications!

Saint Phlip,
CoD

 Blacksmith's credo.