[Sca-cooks] OT - Katrina aftermath

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 31 20:30:10 PDT 2005

On a totally different tack . . . is anyone else paying 3.99 a gallon for
unleaded gas today?  I watched with abject disbelief as Atlantans paid
upwards of 8.99 in some places for premium unleaded!!  Since I walk to work
now, and I have a full tank that will last to next week, I am not paying a
kidney for a tank of gas here in Grantville.

Maybe they'll get some military units in with huge generators to get those
pipeline pumps in MS going.  I am sure they have enough fuel to run them!
Without fuel, it will be difficult and way more expensive to transport those
emergency relief supplies from the southern and eastern seaboards.

niccolo difrancesco