[Sca-cooks] OT - Katrina aftermath

Craig Jones drakey at webone.com.au
Wed Aug 31 20:42:18 PDT 2005

Quoting Nick Sasso <grizly at mindspring.com>:

> On a totally different tack . . . is anyone else paying 3.99 a gallon for
> unleaded gas today?  I watched with abject disbelief as Atlantans paid
> upwards of 8.99 in some places for premium unleaded!!  Since I walk to work
> now, and I have a full tank that will last to next week, I am not paying a
> kidney for a tank of gas here in Grantville.

I worked it out this morning that Australians have already been paying US$3.70
per gallon (without discount vouchers) this week and no doubt the fuel prices
will climb here this week as well.....

I thankfully don't use a lot of fuel (1.8L 4 cyl engine - 4 minute drive to
work). However, I wont grumble at fuel costs because there's people all over
the world suffering a lot worse issues...

Cheers,

Drake.