[Sca-cooks] OT - Katrina aftermath

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 31 20:57:10 PDT 2005

Funny that.  I saw the news anchors and heard the regional AAA guy
discussing quite candidly that the flooding knocked out fuel pumps for the
'Continental' and the other pipeline that feed gas from MS up to Atlanta and
up the east coast to NY or some nearby area.  Even C-SPAN had a head of some
fuel agency discussing that they are working to get the water out of the
pipelines, then pressurize then get the fuel moving.

It is an elaborate ruse and conspiracy indeed if the pipeline pumps are
truly functioning as expected.  Even Governor Purdue is in on it by
declaring a state of emergency, lifting clean fuel requirements and meeting
with GA fuel suppliers . . . at least as reported on the news.

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/business/0805/31bizgasprices.html?imw=Y

I have not checked any news sources for neighboring states.

niccolo difrancesco