[Sca-cooks] OT - Katrina aftermath

John Kemker john at kemker.org
Wed Aug 31 21:19:24 PDT 2005

Please pardon my ignorance, then.  I have not been looking at news all
day and had heard a second-hand report from someone else.

Thank you for the info.

--Cian

Nick Sasso wrote:

>Funny that.  I saw the news anchors and heard the regional AAA guy
>discussing quite candidly that the flooding knocked out fuel pumps for the
>'Continental' and the other pipeline that feed gas from MS up to Atlanta and
>up the east coast to NY or some nearby area.  Even C-SPAN had a head of some
>fuel agency discussing that they are working to get the water out of the
>pipelines, then pressurize then get the fuel moving.
>
>It is an elaborate ruse and conspiracy indeed if the pipeline pumps are
>truly functioning as expected.  Even Governor Purdue is in on it by
>declaring a state of emergency, lifting clean fuel requirements and meeting
>with GA fuel suppliers . . . at least as reported on the news.
>
>http://www.ajc.com/news/content/business/0805/31bizgasprices.html?imw=Y
>
>I have not checked any news sources for neighboring states.
>
>niccolo difrancesco

---
John Kemker

"Why, it appears that we appointed all of our worst generals to
command the armies and we appointed all of our best generals to edit
the newspapers. I mean, I found by reading a newspaper that these
editor generals saw all of the defects plainly from the start but
didn't tell me until it was too late. I'm willing to yield my place
to these best generals and I'll do my best for the cause by editing a
newspaper." --Robert E. Lee