[Sca-cooks] Cake Sotelties

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Dec 7 16:20:18 PST 2005

Elisabetta commented:
> Thanks for all the advice! My plan is to make a sheet cake (what
> type yet I'm
> not certain) for a base and then decorate it using the marizpan.

Perhaps this file in the FOOD-SWEEY-DECORATED section of the
Florilegium might be of some use to you:
cak-soteltes-msg  (51K)  6/19/04    Cake based sotelties. Decorated
cakes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/cak-soteltes-msg.html

The same section also has these files:
Roses-a-Sugar-art (21K)  7/15/98    "Divers Pretty Things Made Of
Roses & Sugar"
                                        by Mistress Renata Kestryl of
Highwynds.
Sgr-a-Cnftns-art  (20K) 12/26/00    "Of Sugar and Confections" by Alys
                                        Katharine, O.L., O.P. (Elise
Fleming).
Sugar-Icing-art   (36K) 11/10/01    "Sugar Icing" by Johnnae llyn
Lewis. Some
                                        notes on sugar icing in late
period.
sugar-icing-msg    (6K)  1/16/02    Period sugar icing/frosting.

Stefan
(hey, you northern folks can take your cold, icy weather back. Brrr.
Very few of the folks here know how to drive on ice. And to think
that after the last US election I was considering moving to
Canada  :-) )
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com