[Sca-cooks] Cake Sotelties

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 7 19:36:30 PST 2005

Stefan wrote:
>(hey, you northern folks can take your cold, icy weather back. Brrr.
>Very few of the folks here know how to drive on ice. And to think
>that after the last US election I was considering moving to
>Canada  :-) )

Well, my consort and i spent a week in Vancouver, British Columbia in
February of this year - he was thinking of moving up there, but he
never got around to filling out the paperwork.

Anyway, when we were there they were complaining about how cold it
was - it was just around freezing (i.e., 28-32 F) - and they said
that was really unusual. Rarely snows there...

I'm originally from Chicago, and i say, you can keep winter - i'm
freezing here in SF Bay area cuz it has been around 40 F at night,
and i have the heat turned way down to save money. The winter i moved
back up here, 1988, it was in the 20s and many trees froze to death
all around the Bay Area.

So, Vancouver is a bit cold for me, but really quite tolerable,
compared to points east at the same latitude.

And there was a shop that sold the best cake, True Confections - i
rarely like cake, but we went there twice...

And lots of ethnic restaurants - Malay, Persian, Turkish, and the
usual suspect (Chinese, Thai, etc.)

And some neighborhoods have plenty of nice Victorian houses that
reminded me of where i live now.
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita