[Sca-cooks] Red Flannel Hash

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Dec 7 23:36:57 PST 2005

--Maire, Artemisian descended from a long, long line of Yankies so
old it's
almost period....who is now craving Red Flannel Hash.  And maple syrup,
although not on top of the hash. ;o)

Ok, I think I have to ask now - recipe for Red Flannel Hash, please?
Christianna
<<<

I was wondering why it was called "Red Flannel" Hash. Visions of
throwing an old winter shirt to two dogs to shred or throwing it into
the food grinder came to mind. :-) But after seeing Captain Elias'
recipe, I'm wondering if it is because of the mixture of red and
white/yellow splotches this dish appears to end up being. Or is it
that many folks consider it a comfort food like a warm flannel shirt?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com