[Sca-cooks] Vegetarians and Fish, was Christmas Plans (Was Cake Sotelties)

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 9 21:23:10 PST 2005

>>Salmon is vegetarian?????
>>
>>joy
>>
>>radei

My thoughts exactly. Last time i looked, one could not plant a fish
in a garden (unless it had a pond)

>uuuh...sure..yeah...haven't you heard of Sagetarians? :P

Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck...

>Vegans are the hard core vegetarians.

Wellllll, vegans eat only plant foods and do not eat dairy or honey.
They are a particular kind of vegetarian. Most of the vegetarians i
know will eat such animal products as dairy and honey because they do
not involve taking lives.

>Standard vegetarians will eat fish
>once in a while.
>
>Lyse

Nope, nope, nope. Fish are not vegetables. To eat fish and other
seafood involves taking life. I don't know a vegetarian who will eat
them.

If someone eats fish, they are not a vegetarian. Let me add that i
know a number of people who *for simplicity's sake* will say they are
vegetarians, when they do not consider themselves to be so, because
it's easier then explaining that they eat what vegetarians eat and
they eat fish, but eschew meat from warm blooded land critters.

Fish amn't vegetables.
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita

A vegetarian in the late 1960s and early 1970s who didn't eat fish
and whose daughter has been a vegetarian since she was 12 and is now 25
she misses eating sushi but will not