[Sca-cooks] Marigolds?

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Sun Dec 11 09:59:56 PST 2005

Dear Friends,
I would like to recreate the wonderful Scotch flower liquer that I
tasted at the MKCC.  I've managed to find all of the ingredients except
the dried marigold flowers.  I find people selling the stuff in the UK,
Australia and Bulgaria...but none that is food grade in the US.  I am
assuming that, like roses, you need to make sure that poisonous sprays
weren't used on the flowers, so the ones that are dried for floral use
wouldn't work, right?  Does anyone know where in the US one might find
such a thing?  Or...if I can't find them in the US, how would it work to
omit them.  The listing I have calls for lavender, rosehips, and
elderflower...all of which I've been able to find.

Thanks!

Kiri