[Sca-cooks] Marigolds?

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Sun Dec 11 10:30:41 PST 2005

In a message dated 12/11/2005 1:05:38 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
ekoogler1 at comcast.net writes:

I would  like to recreate the wonderful Scotch flower liquer that I
tasted at the  MKCC.  I've managed to find all of the ingredients except
the dried  marigold flowers.

First things first... you may already know this, but what you're looking  for
is Calendula officinalis , not Tagetes erecta or Tagetes patula. The  former
is European and edible, the latter is Mexican in origin, and according to
most authorities, poisonous. But both are called Marigold. Calendula is also
referred to as pot marigold. Either can be found dried, but the former you will
find in herb shops or natural food stores with bulk bins. The latter in flower
 shops perhaps, if not growing in someone's yard <G>.

Just a heads up in case.

Corwyn

A  positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy
enough  people to make it worth the effort.
--Herm  Albright