[Sca-cooks] OT OOP Vanilla Extract

Daniel Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Tue Dec 20 18:32:40 PST 2005

Hello I've never posted to the list but I've got a question. When did they start putting corn syrup in vanilla extract?  I have found such in the Publix store brand, in the McCormick brand, and in the Nielsen-Massey brand at the gourmet shop. The only kind that didn't have corn syrup was the Spice Islands brand but, at $11.99 for two ounces, it's three or four times more expensive. Was there a problem with the vanilla crop? Is home-made vanilla extract just as good?
Cheers,
Isabella
(Daniel's better half...)