[Sca-cooks] OT: Easy low-sodium recipes needed

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Thu Dec 29 14:46:51 PST 2005

As a result of a recent bout of congestive heart failure, my mother has had
to go on a low sodium diet.  She is already complaining, after 6 weeks,  that
she's tired of it.  There are two reasons why - 1), my mother learned  to cook
and has cooked all her adult life using little more than salt, pepper,
onion, lemon pepper, and Worcestershire sauce as spices.  I gave her some  dried
chives from my garden for Christmas and she had no idea what to use them  in.
And 2), she is primary caretaker for my father, who has dementia and  must be
constantly supervised (she does have home health aides much of the day),  so
she has neither time nor energy to go looking for new recipes.

Can any of you good folks from this list send me (privately if you  like)
some simple, quickly prepared low sodium recipes that I could pass on to  her?
She does not own a crockpot, but has no problem letting something sit  on the
back of the stove as long as she can make sure my Dad doesn't reach for  it.

Brangwayna