[Sca-cooks] King Tut and huge skewers of meat......

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 30 08:12:09 PST 2005

Hm, huge skewers of meat sounds like many Brazilian restaurants I've heard about.  The ads I've seen have had all the waiters dressed like Gauchos, so think South American Cowboy and you should fit right in!
Don't think I'll be getting out to the museum this time, my hosts are working today and my sweetie will be here in the morning, then we have rounds of family and friends to visit (and meet his mother - yikes!).
The weather here is lovely, though, albeit a bit chilly this morning, supposed to hit 80 today here.  Balmy. :)
I am listening to the sounds of huge downed trees being cut up and removed - Hurricane Wilma damaged this area pretty badly.
OBF - food for the weekend looks mostly Carribean (my sweetie and hosts are all from Jamaica), spiced ham, "peas" (red beans) and rice, etc.   They all have an odd mix of cultures in their background, including a lot of British - expressions, foods, attitudes about certian things, etc.  There is a map on the wall here showing all of the British possessions in the Carribean, more extensive than I had realized.
Should be an interesting party, if any novel food goes by me, I'll let you all know!
Christianna