[Sca-cooks] Re: reading at my house

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 1 11:23:19 PST 2005

THL Johnnae asks:

So what are other people reading? Wish lists anyone?

"The City Tavern Cookbook" here. I want to try making Thomas Jefferson's Sweet Potato Biscuits.

I like Chef Bernard Taib's stuff. The City Tavern is one of our favorite restaurants. Cornmeal fried oysters, mmmmmmm!!!!!!

On my wishlist: Clifford A. Wright's "Mediterranean Vegetables: A Cook's ABC of Vegetables and Their                            Preparation in Spain, France, Italy, Greece, Turkey, the Middle East, and North Africa with More Than 200 Authentic Recipes for                            the Home Cook." I'm in a rut with my vegetarian recipes. Also his "Cucina Paradiso: The Heavenly Food of Sicily."

Gianotta