[Sca-cooks] Garlic as toxin was [OT] Dog biscuit recipe?

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 1 19:16:16 PST 2005

I am certainly traveling along the little tiny amounts line.  The telling
line in the ASPCA propaganda piece is "can be potentially toxic".  As garlic
is more than occasionally prescribed by vets as a gentler flea repellant
than pyrethrin and permethrins, I am using garlic powder in injudicious
quantities.  2 teaspoons of garlic powder will season about forty 2"
diameter cookies.  What I will do is provide an ingredients list to my
patrons, allowing them to make their informed choices . . . not unlike a
feast menu. YMMV.

I'm avoiding meat ingredients, BTW, so that they will appeal more broadly
and include vegetarian types who refuse to feed meat products to their pets.

niccolo difrancesco