[Sca-cooks] Garlic as toxin was [OT] Dog biscuit recipe?

margaret m.p.decker at att.net
Thu Dec 1 20:24:56 PST 2005

Presentation of Allium poisoning symptoms occurs with ingestion of more than
.5% of the body weight of the canine, so a two kilogram dog might have some
problems if it ate all 40 cookies at once.  That being said there are
various genetic condition that will make some dogs more susceptible than
others and I wonder what mild chronic poisoning would do over time.  The
whole thing is complex enough that I would probably avoid it were I dog
owner.

If you want to make a truly informed choice, let me recommend this article
from Veterinary Technician August 2001,
http://www.nssvet.org/student/references/simmonsvettech_424.pdf .

Bear