[Sca-cooks] Winter comfort food...

ysabeau ysabeau at mail.ev1.net
Fri Dec 2 07:49:47 PST 2005

On a cold winter day, I love to put a chicken in to slow
roast...with all the veggies. Lots of whole spices (herbs de
provence type) shoved under the skin and stuffed with Squeezed
oranges, some onion, and, sometimes, lemons. I baste it with fresh
squeezed orange juice (the hulls are stuffed in the bird). I cook
it at a low temp, maybe 300, so it gets really good and brown on
the outside. I'd have to look up the recipe to see the exact
temperature. I want to say 250 but that sounds pretty low. Then I
make big croutons and toss them with the drippings and chopped
garlic before putting them back in the oven to warm up a
bit...yummm!  I just use the recipe as a guide. I found it years
ago and it is still a favorite.

Ysabeau