[Sca-cooks] Winter comfort food...

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Fri Dec 2 07:33:27 PST 2005

Okay, so with the newest batch of snow moving in this morning, it's pretty
unlikely that I'll be getting out of town this weekend to an event I was
hoping to attend.  So I've been thinking....hmmm...great weekend to stay
home and sew (I desperately need garb), but I'd *love* to put a pot of "x"
on the stove to simmer, or in the oven to roast, or whatever.
What are everyone's favorite dishes for this sort of weather? I don't mean
the fancy holiday treats, or the quick-nuke in the micro sweet potatoes, but
the slow-cooked, hearty stuff? I'm casting about for ideas.....
--Maire, definitely in the mood for comfort food.....