[Sca-cooks] Chestnuts - Revisited

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at austin.rr.com
Sat Dec 3 14:23:11 PST 2005

  Molli Rose commented and asked:
> Dad called it "on the job training
> For the local fire department".

Ummm. I think we'd all rather you didn't provide that service to your
local fire department. At least not in your kitchen. :-)
> Please, share your experiences and insights in roasting chestnuts. I
> would so appreciate it.

We have discussed how to shell chestnuts on this list before. Check
this file in the FOOD section of the Florilegium:
nuts-msg         (116K)  9/11/04    Nuts, acorns, nut flours in
medieval foods.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/nuts-msg.html

Stefan
--------