[Sca-cooks] [OT] Dog biscuit recipe?

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 2 10:32:30 PST 2005

Here's one that used to be on the internet called "Sams Favorite Biscuit
Recipe" or something close - Sam was the dog it was developed for.  The
website I had for it no longer works, though.
I have made it several times and it always was greeted with great enthusiasm
from the canine crowd. I went out and bought the dog bone cookie cutters for
it and everything.
Christianna

(website I got it from originally)
http://cis.nmclites.edu/~beyer/sam/recipe.html

(website that Google turned up that looks like the same recipe, although the
site was down when I tried to access it)
http://www.geocities.com/NapaValley/2049/doggie.htm

2 cups of whole wheat flour
1/4 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup soy flour
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sunflower seeds (or Grapenuts® or Bran Buds® or oatmeal)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup molasses
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk (Liquid, not powdered)
Next, preheat your oven at 350 degrees F. Mix dry ingredients. Add
oil, molasses, eggs, and milk (Eggs and milk to be beaten together
first). Add more milk as needed to make a firm dough.
Roll the dough out so that it is a 1/2 inch thick and cut into shapes
(We have a special dog biscuit shape that we use). Bake on a cookie
sheet with oven at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes or until biscuits are
lightly toasted.
(Note: To make biscuits harder, leave them in the oven with the heat
turned off for an hour or more.)