[Sca-cooks] Winter comfort food...

Robin rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 2 13:49:06 PST 2005

Jim Davis wrote:

> I'm afraid my cold weather comfort food seems awfully plebian in this
> company.

I think that comfort food is inherently plebian.  Hearty and simple.

> Good old Campbell's Tomato Soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.  Best
> on a night of thunderstorms and blowing winds.

Just make it Campbell's Tomato *Rice* Soup, and I will happily sit down
at your table.

My other favorite comfort meal is my grandmother's beef stew, made with
V-8 Juice (a tomato-vegetable juice), and served with buttered bread
(preferably homemade).

--
Brighid ni Chiarain
Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom