[Sca-cooks] just a note from Turkey Day-

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Sun Dec 4 07:40:55 PST 2005

The pie sounds great.  Ya' know, if you were to heat that cream to about
125F and dump your saffron threads in for a good 15 minutes, you'd get a
perfume and flavor a good bit stronger.  You could either have a more
pronounced saffron character, or use fewer threads to get your desired
effect.  The essentials in the saffron are water soluble, and release in
heated water/liquid more so than the probably would in the baking custard in
the oven.

niccolo