[Sca-cooks] Uses for fava beans....

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Dec 4 23:30:44 PST 2005

Maire asked about fava bean recipes:
> I'd like to try some experiments with them, but the only period
> recipe that
> I'm remembering right now is the "Beans Y-Fried" recipe (with fresh
> ones???).  Anyone have any recommendations, favorite recipes, etc.?
> I'm
> looking not just for the heck of it (although that's partly it), but
> also
> thinking of all those meatless days I've got coming in Lent in a
> couple of months.....

I noticed a number of period fava bean recipes in this file in the
FOOD-VEGETABLES section of the Florilegium. The first was from
Apicius, but I've forgotten the others.
beans-msg        (119K)  6/ 9/00    Medieval, old-world beans. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-VEGETABLES/beans-msg.html

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas