[Sca-cooks] More on Comfort Food... (Modern)

Mike C. Baker / Kihe Blackeagle kihebard at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 5 10:32:10 PST 2005

>> (Yes, I really am from the South).  Of course, then there's fried egg
>> samwiches (has to be pronounced that way, per my father), sometimes
>> with fried bologna (not in my house) or ham stuck in the middle.
> No bologna (shudder), but ham or bacon would be doable. I prefer mine with
> just butter on the toasted bread with the fluffy scrambled eggs.

Now, now, now, there is bologna -- and then there's BOLOGNA done right.

Fried bologna happens to fall in "comfort foods" for me.  Especially good,
deli-case, garlic bologna cut thick -- at least a quarter-inch, better if a
half-inch -- and pan-seared on both sides.  Serve on good bread with choice
of condiments -- creamy horseradish sauce is interesting -- and decent
sliced cheese...

And then, again, one should consider that marvelous creation marketed as
"Lebanon Bologna" (appearance is similar to that of a dry or hard salami)...
heated, not necessarily fried, this helped get me through part of my sojourn
in Pittsburgh last winter.  Along with the really good smoked provolone I
could scare up at Shop'NSave!

Adieu, Amra / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe

Mike C. Baker
Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em
alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com OR MCBaker216 at cs.com
   Buy my writings!:   http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen