[Sca-cooks] Re: Winter comfort food

Mike C. Baker / Kihe Blackeagle kihebard at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 6 06:52:50 PST 2005

Oooooo...

THAT reminds me of another family fave: mushroom meat balls / sauce
(sometimes the balls lose cohesion...)

Make meatballs with breadcrumbs as you would otherwise (reduce salt to 1/2 -
2/3 "normal"; commercial-prepared breadcrumbs tend not to work as well as
coarser, home-crumbled), fry until brown, drain.
Make a mushroom soup gravy, pretty much like what Elisabetta gives below.
Return meatballs to soup, simmer. Serve as main dish.
Goes well with green beans, good toast, fresh milk.
(Family tradition pairs this with mashed taters as well, using a judicious
amount of the tater water in making the soup gravy.)

Adieu, Amra / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe

Mike C. Baker
Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em
alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com  OR MCBaker216 at cs.com
   Buy my writings!:   http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen