[Sca-cooks] Re: Winter comfort food

elisabetta at klotz.org elisabetta at klotz.org
Mon Dec 5 11:47:16 PST 2005

> In my family it was simpler:  flat egg noodles with cottege cheese.
> Sometimes with sugar, sometimes with salt.  Lazy man's kugel, perhaps,
> but that's my father's comfort food [between bouts of veganism] and he
> passed it to me.

It's called "Luchen case in peeta" or noodles and cheese. Ok, that how it is
pronounced; I'm not sure of the actual yiddish words, but it is noodles,
cottage cheese and sometimes ketchup. Salt and butter are optional.

As as kid, my mom used to feed it me when I was sick. I think it may be one of
those things that taste better in memory then reality.

Right now my favorite cold weather food is another childhood favorite: london
broil with the cream of mushroom soup gravy (brown onion and garlic, add soup,
add 1/2 can of water or milk, add drippings from meat. Cook until hot.)

mmmmmmmmm......

:)
Elisabetta