[Sca-cooks] Snow and Storms was Cake Sotelties

Mark Hendershott crimlaw at jeffnet.org
Thu Dec 8 10:10:10 PST 2005

At 09:58 AM 12/8/2005, Katherine wrote:
>It has been *freezing* here.  Literally *freezeing*, we have had frost
>warnings *three* nights this week.  Luckily none of my plants are prone to
>frost damage, so I didn't have to cover them, but *still* it has been
>cold.  It is only supposed to be 65 today, and it might get down to 50 by
>the end of the week. And that is the *high* temprature. I have to wear a
>jacket *every time* I leave the house, and we had to turn the heat on over
>a week ago.  If I wear sandals, I have to add socks so my toes don't get
>cold.  I tell you, this winter weather can be tough to deal with.
>
>-Katherine
>throughly enjoying the 6 months of the year when I get to gloat about the
>weather :)

You are reminding me of a story my father told of a trip to the Philippines
on business.  The company assigned a chauffeur.  When the temperature
dropped below 70F he began hinting that a very nice tip would be a leather
jacket to deal with the unseasonable cold.

Simon Sinneghe
Briaroak, Summits, An Tir