[Sca-cooks] A goody for our vegetabletarians.

marilyn traber 011221 phlip at 99main.com
Fri Dec 9 08:56:24 PST 2005

Margali tends to raid the crunch-n-dent bins at various stores, and the other
week, she pulled out  a box of something for me, as she does. Had it for
breakfast this AM, and it was a definite keeper ;-)

It's called "Tasty Bite Thai Table Pad Thai Sauce and Noodles". It says it's
all natural, No preservatives, No gluten, and no MSG, Vegetarian, No
Refrigeration (until pouch is opened), ready to eat, no cooking required.

Flavor is excellent, and, if you want it hot, it's easy to prepare- boil a pot
of water, turn off the heat, throw the noodles and the sauce pack in the hot
water, and remove after about 4-6 minutes. Package said it contains three
servings. Made me a nice breakfast. Think the three servings would work, as a
side dish.

Flavor was peanutty, although not horribly strong, and hot, but not terribly
hot, nicely sweet, but not sugary, very rich and satisfying. If/when I do it
again, I think I'll add meat- two that come to mind are shrimp, maybe more of
the teeensy salad type I got for the chowder the other night, or lamd, either
diced small or ground and lightly sauteed. Think with lamb, I'd top it with
some fresh minced onion, for both texture and flavor.

Very nice product. I'm thinking it might be an excellent thing for people who
go to various Wars, and don't want to cook, but want decent food, particularly
vegetarians.

Enjoy,

Phlip