[Sca-cooks] Santoku knives

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 9 12:01:59 PST 2005

I will say that working at Viking has given me a good opportunity to work
with all of thier products.  While I would not have one of thier ovens, the
range tops are great, and the small equipment like mixers and processors are
really well made.  The Viking brand knives are also really well made, well
balanced, and are very comfortable in the hand.  We sell a lot of Santoku.
Rachael Ray doesn't use anything else, and so they are popular right now.
Me, I'd rather use my chef's knife, but that's what I'm used to.  Used to
have a Taiwanese roommate that stood roughly 5' tall, the only knife she
ever used for anything was an enormous cleaver - so go with what you like I
say.
Sounds like a great present!
Christianna