[Sca-cooks] Santoku knives

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 9 12:38:58 PST 2005

Huette wrote:

Kershaw Shun is the best I have found.

http://www.epinions.com/content_139873390212

http://www.surlatable.com/common/products/product_details.cfm?PRRFNBR=11811

I have found them on e-Bay for a lot less.

Thanks! My, they are expensive boogers, aren't they? There was one Kershun santoku on eBay when I went looking, and it was the smaller size. However, a santoku search brought up an acceptable Henckel 7-inch santoku (and my dad likes Henckel knives).  I went and sharked the bidding in the last 10 seconds and got it for $31. Not bad, since they tend to go for about $80. I am pleased. My mom would have had a conniption fit if I had spent $150 on a knife for Dad.

And thanks Elaine for your recommendation as well!

Gianotta (the bidding triumphant)