[Sca-cooks] Vegetarians and Fish, was Christmas Plans (Was Cake Sotelties)

marilyn traber 011221 phlip at 99main.com
Sat Dec 10 17:14:10 PST 2005

> Interesting about eggs.  I can understand not eating fertilized
> eggs, but hens lay eggs whether or not they have been with
> a rooster and most eggs you buy in the supermarket haven't
> even come close to being fertilized.  How would eating an
> unfertilized egg be killing a potential living creature?
>
> Huette

Huette, vegetarianism, like many other religions, isn't logical, it's an
emotional commitment. The same vegetarians who don't eat eggs, but do drink
milk don't realize that the calves (at least the bull calves) of the cows
providing the milk are often treated pretty cruelly. I, personally, won't eat
veal for that reason- in my opinion, treatment of veal calves is disgusting,
and I therefore won't support that industry- I'm leaning that way on eggs,
other than those my own hens produce.

The difference being, that I actually KNOW what these animals lives are like,
whereas most of the emotional crowd barely know which end of a cow gets
milked.

Phlip