[Sca-cooks] Snow and Storms was Cake Sotelties

marilyn traber 011221 phlip at 99main.com
Sun Dec 11 08:53:20 PST 2005

> My solution to packing for Estrella is to take natural fabrics and
> layers.  Master Iain Caradoc has an excellent article on packing for
> Estrella at www.estrellawar.com.
>
>   Mordonna

Ah, yes, he's been discussing it on Chirurgeon's List. Couldn't find it from
your link, Mordonna, but have it here:

http://www.estrellawar.org/files/iainwearables.pdf

It seems, that in their infinite wisdom, the PTBs aren't allowing him any
mention of alcohol, and the dangers thereof. There's quite a discussion going
on at the moment, about the stupidity of that exclusion. For those who are
interested, the part they made him delete is as follows:

"The original contained these paragraphs/sentences:

Drinking alcoholic beverages to "warm up" is a bad idea. Alcohol will
actually *increase* the amount of heat you lose through your skin, by
increasing blood flow through the surface capillaries (easily noted
by observing the standard "alcoholic flush.") Remember Cap'n Alex's
Rule:
* Alcohol is Not Anti-Freeze!

...and:

7) Avoid sunburn and overconsumption of alcohol.

"The Care and Feeding of the Wild Porta-Privy"
(http://www.estrellawar.org/files/iainprivy.pdf) had this:

Vomiting (or placing any form of semisolid or solid waste) into the
urinal is also frowned upon. I have no idea how the latter situation
happened, but I think someone was really drunk.

...changed to:

Don't put anything that isn't urine into the urinal. "

Oh well...

Phlip