[Sca-cooks] Roasting chestnuts

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Dec 12 19:13:18 PST 2005

What an odd little device!
An enclosed Chestnutter that makes a perfect "X" through the outer shell
and inner skin, which then loosen during roasting.

Here are some reasons to use one--
http://www.chestnutter.com/

Better yet are the reasons given here. It reads:
" I can agree completely with this guy from Gizmodo. Chestnut scoring,
preparation, whatever you call it is indeed DANGEROUS. Watch your
fingers, your arteries, you name it - you will be hurt one time or
another. Luckily this little contraption can help you in the kitchen
over the next 2 holidays
<http://www.321gold.com/editorials/benson/benson120903.html> AT LEAST! "
http://www.kitchencontraptions.com/archives/000713.php

Johnnae