[Sca-cooks] Viking ovens

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Mon Dec 12 20:42:31 PST 2005

Why would you not want one of their ovens?  I thought the Viking
stuff was for high-end "professional" kitchens.
Stefan

Actually, no, Viking has never been made for professional use.  It is for
high end domestic kitchens.  The blenders and stand mixers rock - if you get
the stand mixer it has a flap that comes off the top where you can put the
blender body and get 1000 rpms.  Daiquiri city!  I dropped a food processor
on the slate floor the first week I was there and chipped the plastic
hopper, but when it was plugged in the motor hummed along just like nothing
had happened.   The knives are also very well made with really good balance.
The range tops have wonderful control knobs - you can set the gas flame on
'Low', and it will stay on very low, not go out or sputter, and keep an
unsupervised stock pot happy for a long time.  The ovens are overengineered
with too many electronic controls, have hot spots and the broilers are
tempermental.
And yes, I work there, although I get nothing for the sale of any equipment,
unless you are taking one of my classes and buy something then :)
Christianna