[Sca-cooks] planting fish

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Tue Dec 13 04:32:48 PST 2005

In a message dated 12/13/2005 2:43:14 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
otsisto at socket.net writes:

The  custom was done by many of the NEastern/Woodland nations. Corn (honnehe
?)  was not the only seeds to be planted with the fish

I'd imagine not, since many native tribes used a group planting method I've
heard described as the 'three sisters", you plant corn, squash and beans in
the  same hill,  and the corn stalk acts as a stake for the other two. They all
grow and intertwine and support each other.

I'd imagine depending on when they flower, they'd attract more bees to
pollinate the crops too.

Corwyn

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will  annoy
enough people to make it worth the effort.
--Herm  Albright