[Sca-cooks] planting fish

otsisto otsisto at socket.net
Tue Dec 13 13:02:26 PST 2005

Actually, the stalks would support the beans. The squash was the ground
creeper. The group planting also helps with moisture.
I think I am remembering wrong but I think one of the plants provided
nitrogen to the soil which helped one of the other plants that thrive on
nitrogen. The fish added extra nutrients (early form of Miracle Grow?)
The "3 sisters" is an area specific belief, therefore "many native tribes"
would not have used that planting method.
Lyse