[Sca-cooks] CHEESE!

ekoogler1 at comcast.net ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 15 13:09:34 PST 2005

It is a great dish and one that I've made often.  Just a suggestion...whenever I make it, I always peel and slice the turnips first...for a couple of reasons.  Firstly, your turnips may be of varying size...in which case the smaller ones cook through in a shorter amount of time than the larger ones.  Secondly, I've found that they are often difficult to cut in nice even slices because they are kind of slippery.  Finally, if you don't drain them REALLY well, they will add water to the mix and make the resulting casserole a little watery.  I place the slices between sheets of paper towel to make sure they are completely dry.

Kiri

From: Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise <jenne at fiedlerfamily.net>