[Sca-cooks] planting fish

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Fri Dec 16 19:55:13 PST 2005

Organic fertilizers are specialty items commonly used by specialty or
organic farmers.  For the average business, lower cost chemical fertilizers
are the ticket.

Most third world countries use either chemical fertilizers or some form of
dung.  The reason the Eastern Amerinds used fish was that they had digging
sticks rather than plows.  It is difficult to work dung into the soil
without a plow.  BTW, the plow came into use around 3000 BCE and is the
invention that marks the beginning of extensive use of fertilizers.

Bear