[Sca-cooks] Frumenty and plum pudding

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 22 09:19:13 PST 2005

I thought that was a bit odd myself.  Well I didn't tell them that and I
consulted on that show.  In fact, all the shots of someone making plum
pudding and heaving it in and out of the boiling pot were me, a year ago
September.

A number of google hits on "plum pudding" "frumenty" seem to imply that
the unsweetened boiled grain side dish gradually gained sugar, spice and
sweet fruits and swapped whole grains for batter over the centuries.
 The same paragraph appears repeatedly without attribution so I can't
quite say where it came from, but it looks sheerly speculative to me.

Selene