[Sca-cooks] And now for something totally different

Mark Hendershott crimlaw at jeffnet.org
Thu Dec 22 09:39:58 PST 2005

At 09:30 AM 12/22/2005, Cailte wrote:
>On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 11:17:24 -0600
>  "Michael Gunter" <countgunthar at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>ANYway, I have never deep fried a turkey
>>before and would like some advice/wisdom on
>>how to do it without burning the turkey,
>>poisoning my diners or burning down the
>>house.
>
>when using the kit designed for deep frying:  be sure you have enough
>propane.  do it outside, even if you have to do it in a driveway.  keep
>the pups and/or kitties (if you have any) inside for the duration.  follow
>the directions on the equipment to the letter.  peanut oil is best (but
>costs a lot for as much as you need).  make sure it is dry, dry, dry.  use
>long barbecue gloves for safety if you have them.
     snip

Don't be like the construction workers in Eugene at Thanksgiving.  They
deep fried a turkey in the garage of the house they had just
finished.  After successfully burning down the house, they, undaunted, got
a new fryer and another turkey and tried again.  Outside this
time.  Unknown if they are still employed.

Simon Sinneghe
Briaroak, Summits, An Tir