[Sca-cooks] Re:keeping butter

marilyn traber 011221 phlip at 99main.com
Fri Dec 23 17:57:21 PST 2005

> Kathleen A Roberts wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 12:03:03 -0500
> >  Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise <jenne at fiedlerfamily.net> wrote:
> >
> >> popcorn and sweet corn, so they can't be that mutant.
> >>
> > had a maine coon cat who would open her paw as if it were a hand (with
> > thumb) and grab a pawful of popcorn from the bowl, close the paw to
> > grab, and bring it to her mouth to eat.
> >
> > mutant-est thing i ever did see!
> >
> > cailte
>
> Can't help but wonder if that isn't a Maine Coon cat kind of
> thing...ours would drink water that way...dip his paw into the water,
>  scoop up a bit and put it in his mouth!
>
> Kiri

Not necessarily- think it's just a cat sort of thing. I had a half Siamese,
Miss Smudge who'd do that, to get the milk out of the bottom of my glass.
They're all different, and all have their own special ways of getting things
done. Little Girl, for example, is VERY good at opening doors, even wuth
latches on them- she just jiggles them until they open. Just wish she'd close
them behind her.

As far as eating, some of them will eat anything humans do, others won't.
Margali's Jezebel will beg for people food, but then refuse to eat it.
General Lee, the feral kitten that either adopted, or got adopted by, Cogburn
the Incorrigible, the Rooster with an Attitude during Pennsic will eat
anything- he just swiped a crust of home made bread- not a drop of butter on
it. And Miss Figment, a cat I had many years ago, would eat anything she saw
me eating, including raw carrots. She hated taking medicine, and was a pain
to force it on, so I used to act like I was eating whatever I wanted her to
take, put it down "not noticing" it, and she'd munch it right down.

As for dogs... Souage and most of them will eat almost anything. Souage
lately has been splitting the bread mistakes we've made with the bread
machine with the chickens. And Stubby had a particular liking for beans of
any sort, and was absolutely passionate about tacos (with hot sauce, but
without lettuce). She would ignore any food I put in front of her and told
her "No" about except tacos. If the tacos had lettuce on them, she'd lick
evry drop of sauce off them, and spit out the lettuce. Adamantius met her-
very well-mannered dog ;-)

Each of them is different, and each is special in their own way. I think
people are lucky critters let us share their lives.

Phlip