[Sca-cooks] Re:keeping butter

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Fri Dec 23 21:59:21 PST 2005

I was gonna say, "nope, not just a Maine Coon thing, because one of my cats
(Sofi, the oldest) does that too, with the water," and then I remembered
that she's actually half Maine Coon. ;o)
I have two polydactl cats (Sofi's not one of them), both with obvious
"thumbs," and one is much more adept at using the extra toes than the other.
I'm guessing that in Mack's case (he being the lesser-skilled of the two),
the useful connections aren't all there.  It's a fully developed toe, same
size as the others, with retractable claw, etc., but he doesn't seem to have
a lot of muscle control over it.  Of course, he says he doesn't need to--he
was meant to be beautiful, not useful. <weg>
--mair