[Sca-cooks] Adamantius's Evil Spawn and the frogs

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Sat Dec 24 17:49:29 PST 2005

On Dec 24, 2005, at 3:55 PM, Pat wrote:

> Sheesh, they grow too fast.

Yep. It'll be nice when we can rent his bedroom out to a Ukrainian
family on a full-time basis, though (we threaten him with this,
generally, when he goes on a trip).

>   I guess with the Transit strike over, he'll be coming home.  Good
> thing the tree frogs aren't the right species, so they still got
> all their legs.

I think they _may_ be poisonous, anyway, but I actually like the
little creeps. Not only do they stick their pointed little noses into
everything, but it's fun watching them do the math, calculating hop
trajectories and such. Each has a distinct personality (either this
is a blow to the concept of lower life forms or we humans aren't
always as advanced as we think), and since they haven't got that
long, sticky tongue, they hunt [crickets] like miniature T-Rexes.
They also move just like the early Steve Ditko Spider-Man.

>   My grandson is seven, already, and this week he wants to be a
> stunt engineer "like Jamie and Adam" and a chef, and an air force
> pilot.

Good Lord, I STR it being posted here when this child was born!

>   Merry Holidays to everyone, whatever mid winter feast you celebrate!

May the season provide us all with the Festivus miracles we seek ;-)...

Adamantius

eat cake!"
"Confessions", 1782

Holt, 07/29/04